Call for Abstracts
The overall conference theme is Tides of Change – Advocacy, Education & Research
ICPAN 2017 offers an amazing opportunity to network and share professional perianaesthesia nursing knowledge, research and clinical practice. The conference incorporates all levels of perianaesthesia practice surrounding pre-admission, preanaesthesia or anaesthetic nursing, day surgery, general or specialist postanaesthesia care unit/recovery room, and extended observation units. The Sydney conference will provide podium presentations, group networking sessions and scientific poster grand rounds to showcase diverse geographical practices and most current information from around the globe.
Presentations may focus on various aspects of clinical care delivery, quality management, research study results/clinical practice implications, and other professional experiences that advance the perianaesthesia practice specialty and/or improve quality of patient care before, during, and after anaesthesia administration.
Potential abstract themes include:
- Care of patients across the lifespan undergoing procedural sedation or anaesthesia
- Perioperative care delivery for challenging patient cohorts
- Managing perianaesthesia units : policies, procedures, teams
- Emerging research and its application to perianaesthesia clinical practice
- Nurse education, mentorship, team building strategies
- Quality assurance, evidence-based practice, use of audit/data to improve care delivery outcomes
- Professional nursing advocacy
- Oral and poster sessions will be presented in English, the designated language for this conference.
- Abstracts may be submitted by using the online application system only.
- Any abstract received after the posted submission deadline has passed will not be considered.
- Upon acceptance, research abstracts require submission of a copy of the human subjects review board (IRB) letter with its decision
Oral Abstracts [podium presentation]
31st January 2017:
Submission deadline – 5pm AEST
1st March 2017:
Applicant notified with decision
15th March 2017:
Oral abstract invitation acceptance deadline – 5pm AEST
1st June 2017:
Submission deadline – 5pm AEST
15th June 2017:
Applicant notified with reviewers’ decision
30th June 2017:
Poster abstract invitation acceptance deadline – 5pm AEST
Abstracts need to be submitted by the main presenting author of the paper. If you are interested in submitting an abstract for consideration, please complete the following steps:
- Read the Guidelines and Policies for Submission of Abstracts
- Download and read the Author Instructions. Please print these instructions and have them nearby when you are ready to submit your abstract
- Save the Abstract Template ( Innovative Practice or Research Abstract ) relevant to your abstract to your computer, and use this to prepare your abstract
- Write your abstract using the Microsoft Word template, completing all relevant questions
- Ensure you have a short biography (max 50 words) for yourself, and every co-presenter listed on the abstract
- Click on the “Submit Abstract” button, and follow the steps outlined in the Author Instructions
Please note that abstract submission is only available online. If you experience any difficulties with the abstract submission process, or have any questions, please contact Jayne Hindle at East Coast Conferences by emailing email@example.com or by calling +61 2 6650 9800 or +61 423 497 038.